This is a long overdue post. A couple of very kind fellow bloggers presented me with awards and tagged me too. I was supposed to have written a post thanking them and passing the award in return to other people. Procrastinator, that I am, I am just getting around to this.
Without further delay…
I received the Liebster award from Ambika. She started blogging early this ear and puts out posts with diligent regularity. This is more than I can say for myself. I firmly believe that good writing happens only when one expends the effort to do so often. On that count, I am failing miserably so I have enormous respect for bloggers who are able to implement this philosophy.
Here are the rules of the Liebster Award:
- Post 11 random facts about yourself.
- Choose 11 deserving bloggers and tag them in your post.
- Tell them you’ve tagged them.
- Answer 11 questions the tagger has asked you and give 11 questions to the people you’ve tagged.
- No tag backs.
I have said so much about myself by way of this blog, I wonder if there are 11 random facts that I can share that all of you are unaware of. However I am going to make an effort
- As a child, I used to love eating bricks, chalk and slate pencils
- I love the tomato soup that used to be sold (not sure if it’s sold these days) on Mumbai – Pune trains.
- I received 23 proposals of marriage from my 12th year to my 23rd year when I finally married DH. My mother offered to pay for the psychiatric care of every one of those boys who proposed to me.
- I had my physics text-book from 10th grade memorized from cover to cover
- I remember the very first phone number I ever had
Well, that’s it, that’s about all the facts I can muster
I’m not sure I have 11 bloggers to present this award to, I haven’t quite kept up with my pursuit of new blogs but here are people that I’d like to pass this on to
Smita of Books, Life n More
Filter Kaapi of Filter Kaapi’s random rants
KP of Random Thoughts
Here are the questions Ambika asked me
Why did you start blogging?
The answer can be found in this post
What do you like best about blogging?
The interaction with the people who read and comment
What vegetable do you like raw but never cooked?
Avocados, to be honest, I have never eaten them cooked.
What is your idea of heaven?
What do you like to do for fun?
Read, drinking tequila is a close second
Have you ever experienced something negative, then had it evolve into something positive in unexpected ways? Please describe.
Too complicated a question, will require a post :)
What three things/approaches help you achieve happiness in your day-to-day life?
Organization, organization, organization
What is your favorite book?
Too many to name. Gone with the Wind and A Suitable Boy to start with
What is the bravest thing you’ve ever done?
Get married, it is truly a leap of faith
Are you punctual or tardy? Be honest.
I always try to be punctual. I am always delayed by the DH ;)
What does your name mean?
Ocean of knowledge.
Now I am supposed to ask questions of my own. However, I am going to leave that part out, primarily because I am too lazy to put together questions.
Thanks again Ambika for considering me worthy of this award.
I am also going to use this post to give a huge shout out to Vishal Bheeroo for having nominated me for an award in this post. Thanks Vishal, for the award and more importantly, reading me.